Sunday, May 1, 2011

Progressing on the Progress of Progressing... Wait, what?

Hey guys, it's been quite a few hours since the last post (or a day, if you choose). Since the last post, I worked on a lot of code for ZOLE Live, but was busy doing a lot of stuff today that got in the way of programming.

So right now, ZOLE Live is working as far as clients connecting, downloading the ROM, and chatting with other people. Here's a picture of what it looks like, with 2 clients and the server console. It's a big image so I'll just link it.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5003/live1g.png

So apart from the second line (I copied and pasted some code from a previous server I wrote for something else), it all looks pretty good. Currently, it doesn't display the users in chat, but it will in the future. The name changing doesn't work when you're connected, and the chatbox doesn't autoscroll down for some reason. When you connect, nothing happens until the ROM is successfully fed. All 4 megs are streamed across every time you connect, and the good thing is it only takes about 30 seconds for a downloader with slowish internet.

Not bad, especially since this is only day 2 of progress. I think the base is now done and I can focus on content from here on out. Tomorrow, school resumes, and there's only 25 more full days until the final day of school.

So that's all for today's post. Hopefully tomorrow the networking engine will be fully complete and I'll be ready to start on things like map editing, other user statuses, and more packets.

Until tomorrow, see ya later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really anticipating this release, as would everyone else on RHDN if you still posted there. :P

    Anyways, I was wondering why you didn't choose to use my logos I made specifically for ya?
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2084/zole.png
    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9707/zole1.png
    ~Zeemis

    Email: Zemious@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete